Working Washington Grants Round 5 Applications Start August 17
The state starts accepting applications for Working Washington Grants Round 5 starting August 17. The Washington legislature is making $70 million in grants available for businesses that have suffered hardship due to the pandemic.
The Working Washington Grants Round 5 are the first grants offered in 2022. The Washington State Department of Commerce has worked with the Washington Arts Commission to design these most-recent grants. Some 60 percent of the grants are earmarked for arts, heritage and science organizations. The remainder is available to most other sectors, including hospitality, fitness and personal services.
Non-profit and for-profit businesses can apply online between August 17 and September 9. Officials will consider all grants on their merits. Unlike some earlier financial award, the Working Washington Grants Round 5 are not first-come, first-served.
Working Washington Grants Round 5 Eligibility
In order to be eligible for a grant, you must:
- Be doing business by January 1, 2021.
- Have revenues of at least $10,000 in 2019 or 2020, but not more than $5 million in 2019.
- Generate at least 51 percent of your revenue in Washington state.
- Have not permanently closed, or plan to close in 2022.
- Have expenses that are necessary to continue business operations. These can’t be a federal, state, or local tax, fee, license, or similar.
- Have experienced a reduction in business income or activity related to COVID-19 or as a result of state or local COVID-19 related public health measures.
What to Have On Hand
And you’ll need to have:
- Your Washington state UBI number.
- EIN or Social Security number.
- Documentation of your losses.
The application window is August 17 through September 9. Officials will review applications in the latter half of September. The Department of Commerce will issue the grants in October.
The web address for the grant application portal will be at https://wastatedepartmentofcommerce.submittable.com/submit when it becomes operational.
More detail program guidelines are available in a PDF.
This PDF answers Frequently Asked Questions.
Lastly, you can find out more about our services here!