Common Mistakes Clients Make with Accountants
Below, Alex Katz, the chief financial officer of Venture Capital, lists of the most common mistakes made when working with an accountant.
• Using an online accounting tool instead of investing in a trained and professional accountant
• Not being honest with your accountant. Always remember “the truth will come out, either in the planning stage or in front of the IRS auditor.”
• Failing to follow the advice of the accountant. Remember your accountant is the expert and you pay for their advice and services.
• Asking your accountant for aid in areas that are not their expertise (e.g. do not ask your accountant to review business contracts unless they have a license to practice law).
• Get answers to your tax season questions way before the filing date as well as any tax documents needed.
Learn about more common mistakes to avoid with your accountant!
Visit our About Us tab to learn about us.
Additionally, visit our Facebook page for more updates!